Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My favorites!

My absolute favorite thing that the characters say is, "what in the sam hill". I also love when the author says jim dandy job. My favorite imagery of the book is, "Every night-sound I heard from my cot on the back porch was magnified three-fold; every scratch of feet on gravel was Boo Radley loose and after us; insects splashing against the creen were Boo Radley's insane fingers picking the wire to pieces; the chinaberry trees were malignant, hovering, alive." (Lee 55)

4 comments:

Authority Figure said...

actually that part just creeps me out. though I can see why you would like it, it definantly puts an image in your mind. like an insane man preying on innocent southern children.

Penny Lane said...

CREEPY!

thebirdsandthebees10 said...

Personally I think that it would be funny to see a deranged killer chasing after them with scissors. He would naturally have scissors, they are his weapon of choice.

Better Than You said...

I don't think he would be chasing them though. Just waiting patiently until they got curious and came close enough to him to stab them. In the leg. With his scissors.