Friday, October 17, 2008

Dolphus Raymond


Mr. Raymond is one of the absolute most intresting characters in the book. He walks around the town pretending to be completly drunk, just to have a reason for his behavior "Wh - oh yes, you mean why do I pretend? 'Well its very simple' he said. 'Some folks don't like the way I live. Now I could say the hell with 'em, I don't care if they dont like it. I do say I don't care if they don't like it, right enough - but I dont say the hell with 'em, see?" I think a lot of people could maybe relate to this, not because we are all pretend-to-be drunkards, but because a lot of people walk around trying to be someone they are not just to be accepted by others.

3 comments:

Penny Lane said...

Harper Lee did an excellent job in relating to the reader through Mr. Raymond.

Better Than You said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thebirdsandthebees10 said...

So fresh explain that? It sounds like you are just trying to act all smart. If you could explain then I will believe you, but I just disagree.