Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Miss Maudie :D


In chapter 24, Aunt Alexandra hosts a Church missions tea party. The idea of a tea party for adults seems frivolous to me but I guess they did discuss matters of some importance. I thought the chapter was a bore, that is until Atticus comes storming home with news. Tom was shot because he tried to escape prison. This is really sad, but I think we all knew that Tom was the mocking bird of this story and that he would eventually die. One character I really liked in this chapter was Miss Maudie. She was very nice and helpful when Scout was embarrassed. If i was Scout, I would be very thankful for a lady such as Miss Maudie.
Also, props to Scout for being a lady! :)


3 comments:

Thunder Fist said...

Yes, props should definetly be awarded in this case. Scout is blosuming into the young lady we all knew she would become.

KATTISTROPHIC SYNZ said...

I agree that Scout is blossoming, but she will still have that tomboy in her.

thebirdsandthebees10 said...

I hope she doesn't become too much of a lady. It will take the uniqueness out of her, and she will be boring.