Friday, October 24, 2008

Clowns

Jem, Scout, and Dill are talking after the trial, and Dill says, "There ain't one thing I can do in this world I can do about folks except laugh, so I'm gonna join the circus and laugh my head off." How is that children can see so plainly what grown people cannot (like Tom's trial, for example), and all children can do is laugh at the adults because they do not have enough influence to make a change? Maybe younger people should have some say in what goes on in our world.

4 comments:

Thunder Fist said...

I would definetly have to agree with you on that. As a young person myself, I find that I am the voice of reason when listening to adults. For example, when some teachers tell us to do something why do they explain it as though we are complete idiots?
If we had questions on the topic we would ask.

As the ruler of this blog(I am declaring myself the ruler right here and now) I find young ones like us to in charge of all mankind and I can be the evil dictator.
Yes, evil because we all know I would have the ability to rule with an iron fist. I should have named myself Iron Fist instead of Thunder Fist. It just makes more sense.

thebirdsandthebees10 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thebirdsandthebees10 said...

I do not even know what to say to that.

Mina Harker said...

Children's ideals are not clouded by cynicism and prejudice like so many adults.

Once we age we begin to see that what is wrong is often the fault of others (or that's what we would like to think.)