Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mrs. Dubose

I know she was a couple of chapters ago, but I thought she was pretty hilarious.

' If I said as sunnily as I could "hey, Mrs. Dubose," I would recieve for an answer, "Dont you say hey to me, ugly girl! say good afternoon, Mrs. Dubose!" She was vicious'

' "where are you two going at this time of day?" She shouted. "playing hooky, I suppose. I'll just call up the principal and tell him!"
"Aw, It's saturday, Mrs. Dubose." said Jem.
"Makes no difference if it's saturday." She said obscurely. '

She is probably my favorite character, even over francis and aunt alexandra.

8 comments:

vicArious said...

She definatly sounds like a colorful and vivacious character.

Genis Sage said...

She's kind of like a comic relief character. But that's just my opinion. But I could just be perceiving her the wrong way....

Penny Lane said...

I don't want to spoil anything, but her rudeness takes on a whole different light in chapter 11. I thought she was comic releif too, but then she teaches Scout and Jem a huge lesson in life that forces both of them to grow up a little.

Authority Figure said...

well thats the beauty of her character, that someone to rude and vicious still has that life changing effect on them. but I still think it's funny about the whole "saturday" thing

Penny Lane said...

P.S-
It's not spoiler, so I'll say it anyways; her death taught a huge lesson to Scout especially. Her rudeness was just a result of her trying to beat addiction to pain-killers.

Better Than You said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penny Lane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Authority Figure said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.