Saturday, October 4, 2008

Francis

In To Kill A Mockingbird there are a lot of weird and stupid characters. Although, by far the worst is Francis. That kid is only in one chapter in this book so far, but that is one chapter too many. He has no personality, and is just a jerk to Scout. I really thinks he serves no purpose on this Earth. He is a waste of air.
Reading chapter nine was a struggle for me. Francis had so much stupid nonsense going on that I could hardly stand it. One example is when Scout and him are sitting on the back porch talking after dinner and they get in a fight about Atticus taking the case to defend a black man. He says, " 'Grandma says it's bad enough he lets you all run wild, but now he's turned out a nigger-lover we'll never to be able to walk the streets of Maycomb agin. He's ruinin' the family, that's what he's doin' ' "(Lee 83). Earlier in the chapter they tell you that Francis is eight years old. Any kid with that kind of attitude and mouth deserves to get rocked by Scout. I wish Uncle Jack would have said something so she could get some slack and get off the hook. If you have anything else to say about Francis let me know.

9 comments:

Penny Lane said...

I agree. He needs to be beaten up pretty bad. But of course, there has to be a reason why Lee put this Francis character in the book. Maybe we will find out more about why he is like this later on.

Thunder Fist said...

I personally love the Francis kid and hope to see more of him throughout the novel.

KATTISTROPHIC SYNZ said...

I agree for sure.I personly think that Francis should be beaten with a pillow case full of bars of soap until he is rendered unconcious. What an annoying arrogant little jerk!

Cameron Chancey said...

I love the swagger that Francis has personally!! He just comes across as a really cool guy. Other than the fact that he called Atticus a nigger lover I kind of like him!!!!!!!!!!!!

High-Intensity said...

i think that francis is a jerk, she deserves to be socked by scout.

Thunder Fist said...

I would marry the kid if he wasn't a fictional character

Better Than You said...

High-intensity: I realize that Francis is a pansy little kid, but he's also a boy. Sure, he was stuck with the oh-so-manly name of Francis, but that's not really his fault. I mean, look who his mother is. His mother. That is all.

Darth Maul said...

The need for senceless violence is definitely not present but the book could definitely be spiced up with some interesting fatal accidents. Because of his rude personallity personally I think Francis would be a prime target of a violent addition to the story for the enjoyment of the reader.

vicArious said...

Darth Maul; What an intelligent and educated suggestion.